Thursday, October 20
Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
(Cocktail reception to follow)
Registration is $250, with an early bird rate of $200 (available until September 2). Student and group discounts available.
Watch for news on the 2016 program by signing up for email updates or by following us:
We will not share your email address with any other parties.
Women In Construction Conference Agenda
The Women in Construction Conference features a full day of panel discussions, presentations and interactive breakout activities covering key issues. Our sessions include:
- Building Women's Success Inside Your Own Organization
- Innovation Lightning Talks
- Work/Life Focus Discussion (Personal Health and Finance)
- A View from the Trenches: What Developers Love/Hate About Their General Contractors
- Navigating the Federal Space
- Designing Women — Supporting the Under-Represented
- Success Stories in the Power Industry
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM : Registration and Breakfast
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM : Welcoming Remarks
- Barbara Werther, Avi Schwartz
9:00 AM - 9:20 AM : Icebreaker: Two Truths and a Lie
9:20 AM - 10:20 AM : Building Womens' Success Inside Your Own Organization
Women in the industry discuss the formal and informal groups within their organizations that are successful in mentoring and supporting women in construction and how to make the most of these support systems.
- Moderator: Lisa Mingoia
- Speakers: Lindsey Kreisher, Jen Doran, Kim Savarese, Susan Watson, Teresa Rainey
10:20 AM - 10:30 AM : Break
10:30 AM - 11:10 AM : Innovation Lightning Talks
Brief highlights of the many innovations that are becoming prevalent in construction and will change the way we look at building. Potential topics: Drones, wearables, data analytics etc.
- Moderators: Yeny Eggener, Sara Pearlstein
- Speakers: Hal Jones, Jennifer Keegan, Ava Norton, Kate Bonanni, Vanessa Ragucci
11:10 AM - 11:45 AM : Keynote Speech
- Speaker: Donna Cooper
11:45 AM - 1:00 PM : Lunch
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM : Work/Life Focus Discussion (Personal Health and Finance)
In order to the be your best at work and with your family, you must first take care of yourself. Hear from our speakers on useful tips to improve your personal health and financial planning.
- Moderator: Judi Hill
- Speakers: Leigh Stringer, Dawn Doebler
1:45 PM - 2:30 PM : A View from the Trenches: What Developers Love/Hate About Their General Contractors
- Moderator: Barbara Werther
- Speakers: Erin Brinson, Kelly Shooshan
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM : Navigating the Federal Space
The Government is a huge driver of the construction industry in D.C. Our speakers will discuss the challenges navigating federal contracts and what the changing administration could mean for construction and the tools needed to be a success on Federal work.
- Moderator: Margaret Lucey
- Speakers: Lisa Kyriienko, Ann Steele, Cecily Chambliss, Shené Commodore, Tracy Marcinowski
3:30 PM - 3:40 PM : Break
3:40 PM - 4:15 PM : Designing Women — Supporting the Under-Represented
Hear from a panel of women in leadership positions on how they have overcome obstacles and found support from each other to become a dominating force in their organization.
- Moderator: Jennifer Keegan
- Speakers: Elise Greenspan, JoAnna Esty, Lusanna Ro
4:15 PM - 4:45 PM : Success Stories in the Power Industry
Two women, two different backgrounds, both successful. Learn how by refocusing your skill set or maintaining a focused path you can be emPOWERed and make a name for yourself in the construction industry.
- Speakers: Betsy Laborde, Rhonda Caviedes
4:45 PM - 5:00 PM : Closing Remarks
- Barbara Werther